MISSION TRIP 2019
June 2 - 7, 2019
With Borderlinks, Tucson, Arizona
Intergenerational trip for youth who have completed freshman year up to adults.
DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF BORDERS, MIGRATION, AND SOCIAL JUSTICE
The reality of life on the borderlands is much more complex and unjust than most people realize. Borderlinks offers experiential learning opportunities that explore the difficulties of migration and life along the U.S./Mexico border. Borderlinks educates individuals through interactive experiences and connects divided communities, raises awareness about the impact of the border and immigration policies, and inspires action for social transformation. Questions that will be answered on this trip include the following.
- Why do people migrate?
- What happens during the migrant journey?
- How do policies impact people?
Goals of a Borderlinks Experience
- Explore historical and current immigration policies and their impacts on communities across the borderlands and throughout the Americas
- Speak with people directly affected by migration, including migrants and others who live in the borderlands, and with advocates for migrant justice
- Build connections with people and organizations fighting for migrant justice on both sides of the border
- Think critically about solutions to the root causes of migration
- Develop tools to take action for positive social change in your home community
To learn more about this trip or to express your interest, contact Rev. Ryan.